Saturday, January 14, 2017

Valentine Day Pillows

It was my turn to decide what we did for craft day this month, and it was a struggle! I wanted to do something for Valentine's day, but I wanted something that was a little different from other things we have done. Have you ever gotten into a phase where you just love to do the same kind of craft for different holidays? I seem to find a craft that is so awesome I just want to recreate it all the time. Anyway... I decided to try something different and a little out of my comfort zone. Tada!!!

We made pillows for Valentine's day! I've been trying to get more comfortable with my Silhouette, so I decided to make a Valentine design and use heat transfer vinyl. I found the arrow heart and arrow "love" on the Silhouette store and put them together. I used fat quarters for my fabric. Originally both designs were on gold glitter heat transfer vinyl, but in true fashion I messed up one of the designs so I had to resort to pink. It turned out cute though! The other pillow did have the gold, but I forgot to take a picture. The sewing part was really simple, which I love! I basically can sew a straight line, and they aren't even that straight! ;) Sewing is the other part that is out of my comfort zone! We used a 14"x14" pillow form to stuff it.
I LOVED my pillow so much, that I needed a second one!

This one is smaller and I stuffed it rather than using a pillow form. It turned out so awesome! I love anchors so I had to use this heart anchor from the Silhouette store. I do have to admit that I am a pillow-aholic! I am obsessed with having cute pillows around! Unfortunately, my husband doesn't share my obsession! :( He kind of hates all the pillows we have, so this is one craft I can't get too obsessed with and make a ton of. But, I felt like I was doing so well with the heat transfer vinyl that I had to do one more project!

It's not a great picture, but I had to make an insert for my frame that we made forever ago. I couldn't believe I didn't have anything for it for Valentine's day. So it has arrows around the heart with "be mine" in the middle of the heart! I felt like it needed a little something extra, so I added the bow. I love easy and cute projects. Hopefully these will give you some inspiration. 
On a side note, I did these projects on Thursday, so I'm doing great to get them posted today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment