Sunday, November 6, 2016

New Crafts! Part 1

I haven't been keeping up with all the crafts we've done lately, so this will be some of the crafts we've done and hopefully you can get some ideas. 
Picture Rock

This was an idea I came up with for my kids. We hiked up to the "B" in Brigham City and I took a bunch of pictures while we were up there. It was a fun hike and I wanted to remember it, so I had a flash of brilliance while up there. I thought we could each find a flat rock on the hike and bring it home. When we got home I got wallet size pictures and we glued them on to the rocks and painted the "B" on there with the year. It turned out so fun and a great reminder of our hike!
Pumpkins for Post

We are always looking for things to hang on our fantastic posts, so Stephanie made these. She got a scroll saw, which has been the best thing ever, and she cut out these awesome pumpkins. They were super easy and sooooo cute!!!
Fall/Winter Sign
                          

Back in the spring we made the spring/summer sign so I wanted a fall/winter sign too.  This time we just used one board that was a 10x1. Then we got MDF letters to put on the wood.  The letters I got from Hobby Lobby and a local store in town called Crafting Chaos. We used this tutorial to weather proof everything so the sign could survive through fall and winter weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment